Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Attitude...

I've got an attitude.
Plenty of people have told me that over my many years on this terrestrial ball.
Yes. Yes, they have.

You've got an attitude.
Plenty of people have told you that, haven't they?
Yes. Yes, they have.

All God's children got an attitude. Yes. Yes they do.

The word means we have a settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something. And this settled way of thinking or feeling shows up...shows out...in our behavior, in our actions.

I've got that. You've got that.
All God's children got that.

But when folks tell me I've got an attitude, what they are really telling me is that, according to them, I'm uncooperative,
I don't go along with their way of thinking or doing,
I'm antagonistic,
I'm being resentful.
"You got an attitude, man!"
Attitude can be a big help or a big hindrance in life.
For me.
For you.
For all God's children.

Style is a part of our attitude.
How we lead and how we follow is part of our attitude.
How we do or do not respond to change is part of our attitude.
Our strengths and our weaknesses are part of our attitude.
Our ability to trust or not trust is part of our attitude.
If we speak truth or falsehood is part of our attitude.

Let me suggest that an Attitude
that will serve me
and will serve you
and will serve all God's children
extremely well
is an Attitude that is:
Smart...
Disciplined...
Tough...and
Relentless.

No comments:

Post a Comment